Grand Cliff Top Walk guided tour
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Join a National Parks ranger on a 2 hour guided tour along part of the newly completed Grand Cliff Top Walk. We’ll start at Wentworth Falls picnic area and learn about the cultural heritage and fragile ecosystems in Blue Mountains National Park
Saturday 30 March, 13 April, 27 April 2024.
Tour runs from 10am to 12pm.
- Medium. Suitable for children 5 years and over.
Adult $20 per person. Child (5-16 years) $12 per person. Family $50 for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Entry fees
- Price includes park entry fee
- Meeting point
- Wentworth Falls picnic area
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Group tours available on request. Contact: BlueMtns.Education@environment.nsw.gov.au or phone 02 4787 7301
For those planning to complete the entire 19km journey along Grand Cliff Top Walk our tour offers you a special introduction before you continue on your way. For others, this 2-3km guided walk is a rare opportunity to see this UNESCO-listed area through the eyes of a park ranger, and to hear the dreamtime story of the three sisters who once lived with the Gundungurra People on this Country.
As you weave in and out of the cliff line you can expect world class views and across the Kedumba and Jamison Valleys to Mount Solitary, the Three Sisters, and beyond. You’ll stroll through open forests, along creek lines alive with bird song, and under sandstone overhangs dripping with water fed and filtered by hanging swamps. Meandering along a lush rainforest track you'll pass a slot canyon before your journey comes to an end.
As you walk, listen for the hauting call of the yellow-tailed black cockatoo (Wumbarrung in Gundungurra language). The Wumbarrung has special significance to Gundungurra traditional custodians, and its flight reflects the moods and seasons of Gundungurra Country. It’s also the wayfinding icon on the signage for Grand Cliff Top Walk which traverses land managed by Blue Mountains City Council as well as Blue Mountains National Park.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.