Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Overcliff-Undercliff track combines scenic clifftops, birdwatching, and rainforest with walking tracks and waterfalls in Blue Mountains National Park, near Wentworth Falls.
- 3.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- You can return to Wentworth Falls picnic area via the short and easy Shortcut track.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you're well-prepared for your visit.
For an exhilarating walk that's sure to clear the head and revive the spirit, try Overcliff-Undercliff track near Wentworth Falls, in Blue Mountains National Park. Family or friends will revel in the elements along this medium walk, leading from Wentworth Falls picnic area along the dramatic cliff edge to picturesque Valley of the Waters.
Following this scenic track, you'll pass through swamp, heath and lush rainforest, with wonderful views across Jamison Valley. Experience the dramatically exposed clifftops and large rock overhangs. In the warmer months, the area erupts with a dazzling array of wildflowers, including the vibrant red and yellow Christmas bells.
Undercliff track joins Overcliff track at Den Fenella track junction. You can round off your walk with a delicious snack by following Overcliff track to Lyrebird lookout, then climbing up the steps to Conservation Hut. From here you can take Shortcut track to get back to Wentworth Falls picnic area.
Take a virtual tour of Overcliff-Undercliff track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (112)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Adventure sports (13)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cycling (9)
- Environmental appreciation/study (5)
- Historic heritage (9)
- Other experiences (8)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (57)
- Swimming (2)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (61)
- Waterfalls (36)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)