Wallaby walking track
Conimbla National Park
Wallaby walking track is a moderately challenging 3km return bushwalk linking Wallaby picnic area with Ironbark picnic area and carpark. Keep an eye out for red-necked wallabies and swamp wallabies along the way.
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 30min
- Grade 4
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to pack your binoculars if you want to spot birds and wallabies during the day, or possums at night.
This moderately challenging walk in Conimbla National Park runs between Ironbark picnic area and Wallaby picnic area, so you can enjoy a picnic in a lovely and scenic spot if you desire.
Along the way, be sure to keep an eye out for the track's namesake; the wallabies and kangaroos are often seen throughout the day. At night, the track makes a perfect spotlighting route to search for possums and gliders out on a nocturnal prowl.
The walk passes through a range of forest types, featuring stands of ironbark and scribbly gum as well as sections of stringybark. Still feeling energetic? Try the longer Ironbark walking track nearby.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Conimbla National Park in the Country NSW region
Conimbla National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.