Ironbark walking track
Conimbla National Park
Ironbark walking track in Conimbla National Park is a pleasant 1.5hr loop bushwalk with lovely scenic views, great birdwatching and wildflower photography opportunities.
- Conimbla National Park in Country NSW
- 4km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
Ironbark walking track is a pleasant 1.5hr looped bushwalk that winds its way along a ridge and up onto a broad flat plateau, which overlooks Cherry Creek. Here, you can stop and admire the scenic views looking out east to Cowra and the mountains and farmlands beyond.
Along the way, you’ll stroll through dry eucalypt forests, ironbark, black cypress pine, scribbly gum, red stringybark and heathlands, all of which hold ample opportunities for birdwatching.
Among the more interesting bird species you might spot here – with the local birdlife being particularly active in the morning – are turquoise and superb parrots, brown treecreepers, grey-crowned babblers, white-fronted chats, and diamond firetails.
In spring, the flowering heath and wildflowers that cover the ground can be quite breathtaking. For a shorter walk, take Wallaby walking track to Wallaby picnic area.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Conimbla National Park in the Country NSW region
Conimbla National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.