Spring Glade walking track
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area
Spring Glade walking track provides easy access to the summit of Mount Canobolas via a pleasant easy walk through grassy woodland, offering birdwatching and picnic opportunities.
- Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Spring Glade walking track is an invigorating way to reach the summit of Mount Canobolas. It offers a relatively easy walk and connects with several other trails in the area.
Along Spring Glade walking track, you’ll pass through grassy woodland and beautiful groves of trees which offer plenty of shade to break up your walk. Bring a picnic and beeline for the top of the mountain if sweeping scenic views are what you’re looking for. Summits walking track is also nearby for you to meander around the area, or you can take Snowgum walking track which intersects with the path along Spring Glade walking track and takes you all the way to places like Federal Falls.
Spring Glade walking track is good at nearly any time of the year, and scenic views are extra special while breathing in the crisp autumn air. Be mindful of the weather and keep your eyes peeled while birdwatching as there are sulphur-crested cockatoos and ringtail possums living in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.