Snowgum walking track
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area
Snowgum walking track is short and easy, it starts from the summit of Mount Canobolas or from Federal Falls campground. It’s a great way to work up a hunger for a barbecue lunch.
- 0.9km one-way
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Because of the altitude, the weather can change quite quickly. You should always check the weather forecast before setting out for a walk. It's advisable to bring a jumper with you, and in winter always bring a raincoat and warm clothing.
Take an easy stroll through the snowgum forest of Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area along Snowgum walking track. It’s a short walk that you can start at the summit of Mount Canobolas or from Federal Falls campground if you’d like a more challenging walk.
You’re bound to be impressed by the beautiful snowgums that line this scenic walk, their branches making an intricate pattern above you. They make a lovely canopy to sit underneath on a hot day and during winter when snow sometimes falls, it’s like an Australian white Christmas.
The walk is generally fairly easy, so a good one for children, however it does become a little steeper on the approach to Federal Falls campground.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.