Ridge walking track
Georges River National Park
Enjoy scenic views of the river along Ridge walking track - a short walk from Burrawang Beach to Cattle Duffers picnic area in Georges River National Park.
- Georges River National Park
- No wheelchair access
- 1.6km one-way
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Please note that the Morgans creek precinct of Georges River National park is open at 6am and gates are locked and the park is closed after 6.30pm. Gates are locked after 7.30pm during daylight savings.
This short walk along both the river and the ridge packs in plenty to see. There are some interesting rock formations along the way plus you'll enjoy scenic views of the river through the foliage. There are also some great examples of mosses and fungi lining the path that are sure to impress every keen naturalist.
Starting from Burrawang Reach picnic area, this short walk finishes at Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area, where you can stop to refuel before getting back on the track for the return walk. Alternatively, head back along the trail which follows the rivers edge for a loop walk.
Take a virtual tour of Ridge walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Georges River National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Georges River National Park is open from 6am to 7.30pm during daylight savings (6am – 6.30pm at other times) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines at the gate. Please bring correct coins, as no change is given.Buy annual pass