Burrawang Reach picnic area
Georges River National Park
Burrawang Reach picnic area is a popular spot for a picnic or barbecue. Set on the sandy shores of George’s River, you can fish and paddle nearby.
- Picnic areas
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Please note that the Morgans Creek precinct of Georges River National park is open at 6am and gates are locked and the park is closed after 6:30pm. Gates are locked after 7:30pm during daylight savings.
Whether you arrive on your water skis, in your kayak or walk in, this picnic spot won’t disappoint. It’s in the western most part of the park, so you can only get there on water or on a short walk from your vehicle.
Not only is Burrawang Reach picnic area a great spot to pause and moor your vessel, the picnic area is a perfect place to set up for the day, with tall shady trees, safe fishing spots and plenty of birdlife to keep you engrossed for hours.
There’s ample room for a family gathering and you can use the barbecues or bring along a spread to share on the wide stretch of grass. After lunch take a walk along the Ridge track to Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area.
Take a virtual tour of Burrawang Reach picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Audley, NSW 2232
- in Georges River National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Georges River National Park is open from 6am to 7.30pm during daylight savings (6am – 6.30pm at other times) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay machines at the gate. Please bring correct coins, as no change is given. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass