Perrys lookdown to Blue Gum Forest walking track
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
For scenic views of the famous Blue Gum Forest, try this challenging walk through World Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park down to the famous Grose Valley.
- 4km return
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, topographic map, personal locator beacon, gps, compass
Taking in the air at the Blue Mountains is almost a national pastime, and your best chance to do that is on this challenging and rewarding walk. From Perrys lookdown, take a moment to gaze across the beautiful valley.
Descending the steep track from Perrys lookdown, you’ll pass a large swamp before making your way down the steep cliff line. You might even be lucky enough to catch sight of the red headed gang gang and yellow tailed black cockatoo; this is a great walk for birdwatching.
Follow the track to the edge of the spectacular Blue Gum Forest where tall gums rise out of the fertile ground. Lean against the trunk of a deanes blue gum for a bite to eat and listen for the tinkling call of the bell miner. From here return up the cliffs or pitch your tent at the nearby Acacia Flat campground.
Take a virtual tour of Perrys lookdown to Blue Gum Forest walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (53)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Adventure sports (11)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (4)
- Cycling (5)
- Environmental appreciation/study (5)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Other experiences (4)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (6)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (21)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (28)
- Waterfalls (12)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (7)