Honeysuckle Forest track
Barrington Tops National Park
Short and sweet Honeysuckle Forest track offers scenic views through Antarctic beech, rainforest, and car touring in Barrington Tops National Park, between Gloucester and Scone.
- 1km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 4
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out, remember to take a hat and take plenty of water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map, compass and GPS.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Honeysuckle Forest walking track can be affected by snow and ice
- This walk may also be closed at different times of the year due to weather or fires, so it’s advised to check with the local Gloucester office on 02 6538 5300.
Honeysuckle Forest walking track is a delightful amble taking in the ancient rainforest in the northern section of Barrington Tops National Park, west of Gloucester. A perfect introduction to the plateau region, this easy walk from Honeysuckle picnic area is ideal, whether you’re into high mountain adventuring or taking a leisurely car tour on the plateau.
Passing through magnificent Antarctic beech forest with thickets of soft tree ferns, have a look for the beech orchid that grows in its upper branches. The moss covered trunks are a spectacular sight in the misty rain. Rainforest gives way to open forests of brown barrel with an understory of tall mountain banksia, also known as honeysuckle.
The crisp mountain air might stimulate your appetite, so unpack a picnic hamper and enjoy a relaxing lunch. If you’re hungry for scenic views, try Thunderbolts lookout and Devils Hole lookout walk and picnic area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.