Honeysuckle Forest track
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Honeysuckle Forest track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Honeysuckle Forest track starts at Honeysuckle picnic area in the Polblue and Devils Hole precinct of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- From Gloucester take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Honeysuckle picnic area is on the left near the northern entrance to the park
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right on to Moonan Brook Road, then turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The picnic area is on the right, 6km past Devils Hole.
Parking is available at Honeysuckle picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Maps and downloads
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422