Honeysuckle picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
Scone access only
The severe weather event in March 2021 has severely damaged Barrington Tops Forest Road, forcing Forestry Corporation of NSW to close the road. Until the road is fixed you can only access this location from Scone (the west). You can't access it from Gloucester (the east).
An ideal pit stop on a touring or camping holiday, Honeysuckle picnic area offers scenic views and walking in World Heritage-listed Barrington Tops National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Please note
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map, compass and GPS.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Honeysuckle picnic area can be affected by snow and ice
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Perched on the edge of the escarpment near the northernmost entrance to Barrington Tops National Park near Gloucester, Honeysuckle picnic area is an ideal spot for a break. Perfect for a touring holiday, it’s a great introduction to the magnificent plateau region of this unique World Heritage-listed park.
As soon as you get out of the car, you’ll notice the clear crisp mountain air and perhaps feel its impact on your appetite. Unpack the picnic hamper and savour a leisurely lunch while planning your exploration of the high country. If you feel like stretching your legs, the short Honeysuckle Forest track will help you get your bearings.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.