Honeysuckle picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Honeysuckle picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Honeysuckle picnic area is in the Polblue and Devils Hole precinct of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- Take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The picnic area is on the left near the northern entrance to the park
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right on to Moonan Brook Road, then turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The picnic area is on the right, 6km past Devils Hole.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Honeysuckle picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
More toilet facilities are available at Devils Hole picnic area.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.