Euglah Rock walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
Ideal for walking with kids, Euglah Rock walking track in Mount Kaputar National Park leads to a lookout offering stunning scenic views of Euglah Rock and beyond.
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- 0.65km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 2
- Opening times
Euglah Rock walking track is always open, but may need to close at times during snow/ice events.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Euglah Rock walking track is an easy walk located in a dry, eucalypt forest setting and departs from the bottom of Bark Hut campground. It leads you to a lookout with scenic views of Euglah Rock, a spectacular volcanic remnant.
Euglah Rock walking track is very popular with those camping in Mount Kaputar National Park, but it’s suitable for all ages and walks of life. The path is dotted with educational signs explaining animal tracks and traces. If you’re visiting after rain, you will be accompanied by a soothing soundtrack of waterfalls crashing nearby.
Take this walk in mid-to-late spring to experience a vibrant display of colourful wildflowers. At this time of year, the area blooms in technicolour with purple hyacinth orchards, pink trigger plants and paper daisies.
Euglah Rock lookout is in Mount Kaputar National Park along Euglah Rock walking track. It's a great place to view the distinctive volcanic formation of Euglah Rock.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.