Euglah Rock walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Euglah Rock walking track.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Euglah Rock walking track is in the Kaputar Plateau precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there from Narrabri:
- Take Old Gunnedah Road south and then, after about 2.5km, turn left onto Kaputar Road.
- Follow Kaputar Road for 27km to the entrance of Mount Kaputar National Park. The road from the park entrance is a steep, single lane road and caravans are not permitted.
- Take the Bark Hut turn-off, 14km along on the right.
- The walking track starts from the bottom of the campground
Parking is available at Bark Hut campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.