Depot Beach Rainforest walk
Murramarang National Park
Depot Beach marks the start and end of this easy walk through lush littoral rainforest. Go for a swim, surf, snorkel or paddle in the clear waters when you return.
- Murramarang National Park
- 0.4km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited
- The Depot Beach campground has an office with information about the park, and staff are available most days during holiday periods
- You can have a picnic by the sand at Depot Beach
Depot Beach is a beautiful white-sand beach backed by a towering green rainforest that marks the beginning of the Depot Beach Rainforest walk. Walking this track you can’t help but imagine what the region was like 50 million years ago when the whole area was covered by this lush rainforest. Few stands of littoral rainforest remain in Australia, which is why the precious area is listed as an endangered ecological community.
The short walk starts from Depot Beach picnic area and is great for kids who will love jumping across the stepping-stones and balancing along the many logs that line the path. It ends back on the beach, where you can indulge in the beautiful clear waters for a swim, surf, snorkel or a paddle.
Take a virtual tour of Depot Beach Rainforest walk captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass