Depot Beach picnic area
Murramarang National Park
Unwind with a picnic lunch at the Depot Beach picnic area in Murramarang National Park. It’s right by the beach, so you can enjoy some swimming, paddling or fishing.
- Picnic areas
- Murramarang National Park in South Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- The Depot Beach campground has an office with information about the park, and staff are available most days during holiday periods.
It doesn’t get much more beautiful than the view from Depot Beach. Set on the pristine south coast of NSW, the white - sand beach is enclosed by a majestic spotted gum forest. It’s a small piece of paradise and the perfect place to picnic.
The picnic area is equipped with a couple of tables that sit on top of the grassy stretch behind the sand. They’re set apart from each other so you don’t have to share the view, other than with the kangaroos and goannas that like to bask in the sun nearby.
Be sure to save some time for a swim after lunch, and, on a clear day, it’s a great spot for snorkelling. Or, if you feel like a short stroll, Rock Platform walk, Depot Beach and Depot Beach Rainforest walk both begin at the picnic area.
Take a virtual tour of Depot Beach picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Depot Beach office
- Open daily, 9am to 4pm variable. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4478 6582
- 2B Depot Beach Road, Depot Beach NSW 2536
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass
Things to do (44)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (25)
- Canoeing/paddling (7)
- Fishing (12)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (9)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (24)
- Snorkelling and scuba (9)
- Surfing (6)
- Swimming (19)
- Walking (27)
- Waterfalls (1)