Depot Beach picnic area
Murramarang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Depot Beach picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Depot Beach picnic area is in the central area of Murramarang National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princes Highway at East Lynne onto Mount Agony Road
- After around 5km turn right onto North Durras Road
- Drive 3km then turn left to Depot Beach Road
- Take the second road on the left to reach the Depot Beach carpark.
Park entry points
- Depot Beach carpark See on map
The last 200m of the road in is unsealed.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Depot Beach picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murramarang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spring is a great time to dust off your hiking boots and take to the park's tracks. Try the Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walk for spectacular views of the coast and ranges.
There's no better time to head down the coast and catch some sunshine. With crystal clear waters for swimming and snorkelling, a beach camping trip is the ideal way to enjoy the Aussie summer.
Birdwatching opportunities abound at this time of year, see if you can catch the courting displays of lyrebirds in the park's rainforest areas.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 25°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Access is over a grassy, fairly level surface.
- Depot Beach office
- Open daily, 9am to 4pm variable. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4478 6582
- 28 Depot Beach Road, Depot Beach NSW 2536
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass