Depot Beach Rainforest walk
Murramarang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Depot Beach Rainforest walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Depot Beach Rainforest walk is in the central precinct of Murramarang National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princes Highway at East Lynne, via Mount Agony Road.
- After approximately 5km, turn right into North Durras Road.
- Turn left to Depot Beach Road
- Take the second road on the left to Depot Beach picnic area
Park entry points
- Depot Beach carpark See on map
Parking is available at Depot Beach picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murramarang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spring is a great time to dust off your hiking boots and take to the park's tracks. Try the Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walk for spectacular views of the coast and ranges.
There's no better time to head down the coast and catch some sunshine. With crystal clear waters for swimming and snorkelling, a beach camping trip is the ideal way to enjoy the Aussie summer.
Birdwatching opportunities abound at this time of year, see if you can catch the courting displays of lyrebirds in the park's rainforest areas.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 25°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass