Applies from Mon 1 Mar 2021, 8.32am to Sat 31 Jul 2021, 8.33am. Last reviewed: Thu 24 Jun 2021, 2.54pm.
Closed areas: Yarrangobilly Caves precinct closures
A number of closures are in place across the Yarrangobilly Caves precinct:
- Thursday 24 June 2021 - all tracks and trails closed due to heavy rainfall. Access will be updated 9.30am Friday 24 June 2021.
- Friday 25th June 2021 - South Glory Cave closed to the public.
- Monday 28 June 2021 - the South Glory track to the River Walk junction is closed for maintenance works. Access to the South Glory Cave is via the Thermal Pool and River Walk. Please allow approximately 1 hour 15 minutes to complete the loop. If visiting the Thermal Pool only, the return trip will be via the Thermal Pool track which is a steep 700m incline (approximately 20 minutes).
The following caves are closed to the public until further notice:
- Castle Cave
- Harrie Wood Cave
The following caves remain periodically open for guided tours:
- Jillabenan Cave
- Jersey Cave
- North Glory Cave
The following areas are open to the public:
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- Yarrangobilly Caves thermal pool walk and pool area
- South Glory Cave (self-guided)
- River walk
- Castle Cave walk
- Bluff lookout walk
- The picnic area, barbecue area, toilets and amenities
Recreational caving is now permitted with a COVID-19 Safety Plan. Permits will only be issued to compliant recreational groups.
For further information and daily updates, email or call 02 6454 9597.