Applies from Mon 1 Mar 2021, 8.32am to Fri 30 Apr 2021, 8.33am. Last reviewed: Tue 6 Apr 2021, 10.42am.
Closed areas: Yarrangobilly Caves precinct
The following areas remain open to the public:
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- Yarrangobilly Caves thermal pool walk and pool area
- South Glory Cave (self-guided)
- Castle Cave walk
- Jillabenan Cave (guided cave)
- Bluff lookout walk
- The picnic area, barbecue area, toilets and amenities
There will be short delays on the Yarrangobilly Caves entrance road from 10 April 2021 - 20 April 2021 due to infrastructure works. Please drive safely and follow the directions of signs and staff. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.
The following caves remain closed to the public until further notice:
- Jersey Cave
- North Glory Cave (available for large group bookings only)
- Castle Cave
- Harrie Wood Cave
We highly recommend you buy your cave tickets online before you arrive. To book, visit the NPWS Yarrangobilly tours page.
Jillabenan Cave will be closed from 19 April 2021 to 23 April 2021 for urgent cleaning and maintenance. Guided tours of Jersey Cave will be available to purchase from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre.
Recreational caving is now permitted with a COVID-19 Safety Plan. Permits will only be issued to compliant recreational groups.
All accommodation bookings are now open and can be booked in advance:
- Lyrebird Cottage is available for the public to book
- Yarrangobilly Cave House 1901 East and West wings are available for the public to book
- Yarrangobilly Caves House 1917 guest rooms are available for bookings from May 2021
For further information and daily updates, email or call Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre on 02 6454 9597.