Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bullocks track .
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bullocks track is in the Thredbo area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road
- After 3km, turn left onto Alpine Way towards Thredbo
- Continue around 17km then turn right at the Bullocks Flat Skitube turnoff and follow the signs to Carpark D
- You can also continue another 2km along Alpine Way and turn right at the Thredbo Diggings campground turnoff.
Park entry points
- Bullocks Flat See on map
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
Parking is available at Bullocks Flat Skitube, including several designated disabled spots. It can be busy on weekends and holidays so parking may be limited. Limited day use parking is available at Thredbo Diggings campground.
Non-flush toilets are available at Thredbo Diggings campground and at Bullocks Hut, at either end of this track. Picnic tables and fire rings are available at the campground.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
You can fish in rivers and streams between the October and June long weekends. A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required to fish in all waters. Fishing in dams and lakes is permitted year-round, but some waterways may close temporarily or have restrictions. Refer to the NSW Recreational Freshwater Fishing Guide for information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass