Blue Pool walking track
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
The family will love a day-trip to Blue Pool walking track. The tranquil bush setting is ideal for swimming and picnicking in Blue Mountains National Park, Glenbrook.
- Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
- 0.5km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
If you're planning to loan a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) from one of these locations, wait and fill out your trip intention form in person.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
If you're driving into the Glenbrook area, the gates are open:
- First Sunday in October to first Sunday in April 8.30am to 7pm
- Rest of year 8.30am to 6pm
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
A challenging yet short hike that’s well worth the effort, Blue Pool walking track leads to an idyllic swimming hole in a tranquil bush setting. Located in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park, it’s an ideal day-trip for families or friends wanting a relaxing day out, far from the city.
Following the track through the bush, look for the vibrant red flowers of the bottlebrush and the flowering tea tree in the warmer months. Upon arriving at the fern-fringed waterhole, quiet patience may be rewarded with a glimpse of a shy turtle coming up for air.
Enjoy a refreshing dip before rolling out the picnic rug on the sandy riverside beach. Tuck into a leisurely lunch as the currawongs and rainbow lorikeets chatter above. For views of the surrounding landscape, head to Mount Portal lookout.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Richmond office
- Monday to Friday , 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4588 2400
- Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond NSW 2753
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at attractions in the Glenbrook area.Buy annual pass