Bellamy fire trail
Berowra Valley National Park
Bellamy fire trail is a northern Sydney secret. This short walk through Berowra Valley Regional Park connects Pennant Hills and Thornleigh along a dog-friendly bushland trail.
- Berowra Valley National Park
- 0.6km one-way
- Time suggested
- 30 - 45min
- Grade 3
- Opening times
The Bellamy fire trail is open from sunrise to sunset and may be closed at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
This short walk through Berowra Valley Regional Park is perfect for a city breather. Berowra Valley Regional Park is right next door to Berowra Valley National Park. A level path takes you down to Zig-Zag Creek, over a bridge and up to the high walls and towering forest of the old railway quarry, an attractive natural amphitheatre of sandstone.
You’ll see fern trees, grass trees, coachwood and a variety of tall eucalypts while hearing the joyful call of kookaburras. Interpretive signs tell the history of the historic Zig-Zag railway that used to pass through here. Take a seat on the old railway sleepers and enjoy the peace and beauty of the bush before returning the way you came.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Berowra Valley National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- Berowra Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Crosslands Reserve is open 8am to 7.30pm during daylight savings and 9am to 5pm the rest of the year
- Barnetts Road Reserve and the lookout is closed from sunset to sunrise