Bellamy fire trail
Berowra Valley Regional Park
Bellamy fire trail is a northern Sydney secret. This short walk through Berowra Valley Regional Park connects Pennant Hills and Thornleigh along a dog-friendly bushland trail.
- 0.6km one-way
- Time suggested
- 30 - 45min
- Grade 3
- Opening times
The Bellamy fire trail is open from sunrise to sunset and may be closed at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
This short walk through Berowra Valley Regional Park is perfect for a city breather. Berowra Valley Regional Park is right next door to Berowra Valley National Park. A level path takes you down to Zig-Zag Creek, over a bridge and up to the high walls and towering forest of the old railway quarry, an attractive natural amphitheatre of sandstone.
You’ll see fern trees, grass trees, coachwood and a variety of tall eucalypts while hearing the joyful call of kookaburras. Interpretive signs tell the history of the historic Zig-Zag railway that used to pass through here. Take a seat on the old railway sleepers and enjoy the peace and beauty of the bush before returning the way you came.
Great North walk - Berowra Valley National Park
Also known as Benowie walking track, this section of the iconic Great North walk between Sydney and Newcastle makes a great overnight hike or day walk. Camp out the night for an unforgettable bushland adventure.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Berowra Valley National Park
Join the Great North walk, mess about on a boat, have a barbecue or enjoy scenic views from one of the lookouts in Berowra Valley National Park, just north of Sydney.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Berowra Valley Regional Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Things to do (62)
- Aboriginal culture (10)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (14)
- Cafes and kiosks (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (10)
- Cultural heritage (3)
- Cycling (3)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (9)
- Horse riding (1)
- Other experiences (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (18)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (9)
- Sightseeing (14)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (30)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)