Chase Alive Discovery program
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Are you passionate about the natural environment and want to introduce others to its wonders? Volunteer to guide Discovery tours in national parks around the northern Sydney area.
- Visitors, events, education, tour guides
The program runs 364 days a year, and each volunteer has their own individual schedule.
- Kalkari Discovery Centre, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Are you comfortable with public speaking and working as part of a team? If so, you may want to join up as a volunteer with the NSW Chase Alive Discovery program, where you’ll become a tour guide in the northern Sydney area.
The NSW Discovery program covers a range of NSW national parks, including Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Lane Cove, Garigal, Marramarra and Berowra Valley national parks and Muogamarra Nature Reserve. Opportunities include tour guiding at Barrenjoey Lighthouse or staffing Kalkari Discovery Centre. Other possibilities for Discovery tour guides involve leading:
- 4WD tours
- Aboriginal culture and history tours
- Wildlife activities for kids
- Whale watching tours
As a volunteer, you’ll receive a full induction, training tailored to your specific role, and plenty of support from NSW National Parks staff and experienced volunteers.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy a pass