Chase Alive Discovery program
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Chase Alive Discovery program.
Getting there and parking
Kalkari Discovery Centre is in the Bobbin Head precinct of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. To get there, enter the park from Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, off Pacific Highway.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Kalkari Discovery Centre, including several designated disabled spots.
Maps and downloads
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.
Under the Plan of Management for this park, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 20 or more people planning to visit this park. Contact the park office before your visit.Buy annual pass
Bobbin Head Information Centre
688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
402 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2079
- 9am to 4.30pm. Closed on Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre