Rock Creek snowshoe track
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rock Creek snowshoe track.
Getting there and parking
Rock Creek snowshoe track is in the Perisher-Thredbo area of Kosciuszko National Park.
To get there from Jindabyne:
- Drive along Kosciuszko Road for approximately 33km to Perisher Valley
- In winter, you can also park at Bullocks Flat Skitube terminal, off Alpine Way, and ride the Skitube to Perisher Valley (fees apply for Skitube).
- The track begins about 400m from the Perisher information centre along Kosciuszko Road
Winter road access
Road closures Perisher to Charlotte Pass
- Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass from June to October long weekends.
- You can use the free overnight parking at Bullocks Flat Skitube terminal, off Alpine Way (no park entry fees in this section of Alpine Way). Then ride the Skitube to Perisher and Blue Cow resorts.
It’s compulsory for all 2WD vehicles to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Island Bend/Guthega Road for its full length
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving safety tips and visit the Live Traffic website for current conditions.
Parking is avaialable at Perisher Range Resort.
Maps and downloads
- You can snowshoe or cross-country ski this track in winter.
- Walking is not recommended in winter when this track is snowbound.
- Cycling, including fat bikes or snow bikes, is not permitted on this track.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass