Rock Creek snowshoe track
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Swap your skis for snowshoes to explore the winter wonderland of Perisher ski resort at your own pace, along scenic Rock Creek in Kosciuszko National Park.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- No wheelchair access
- 3km loop
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
The snow season runs from the June long weekend to the October long weekend.
- What to
- Sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Visit the Perisher website for information about snowshoe hire and winter tracks.
- Please avoid snowshoeing on cross-country ski trails as snowshoe indentations can be hazardous to skiers.
Strap on some snowshoes and enjoy the freedom of going places you just can't go with skis along Rock Creek snowshoe track.
Don't worry if you've never snowshoed before, this gentle track is excellent for beginners; follow the yellow markers and informative signs as you tread the carpet of snow.
Beginning in Perisher Village, the track follows Rock Creek through a treeless frost hollow, then loops through beautiful snow gum woodland. You'll "shoe" past snow-blanketed boulders and patches of untouched powder, just waiting to be turned into a snowman or snow angel. It's a truly invigorating experience and you're sure to want to take lots of photographs along the way.
In summer you can also walk along Rock Creek and up to Porcupine Rocks, along the family-friendly Porcupine walk.
Things to do:
Porcupine walk is a short, family-friendly walking track at Perisher in Kosciuszko National Park. Spot wildflowers as you climb to Porcupine Rocks for breathtaking views of the Thredbo Valley and Main Range.
Things to do:
Perisher is the perfect snow holiday for families, first-timers and experts, with over 3,000 acres of skiing and snow sports across Perisher Valley, Guthega, Blue Cow and Smiggin Holes.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass