Williams River picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
Williams River picnic area is a great day out in the park and is easily accessible from Dungog. Take a barbecue or picnic lunch and explore easy walking tracks nearby.
- Picnic areas
- Please note
- The road is sealed, however there’s a short section of gravel road before reaching the picnic area
- You’ll need to bring drinking and cooking water with you
- If you’re bushwalking in this park it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
Williams River picnic area, in the southern section of the park is a beautiful place for a family day out. There’s a lovely grassy area for family games or spot for children to play while the adults get the picnic or barbecue lunch ready.
Be sure to take the short paved walk to the bridge over the Williams River to catch the wonderful view of the river gorge.
If you’re after a longer walk, the Blue Gum loop trail takes you on an easy 3.5km circuit through rainforests and past crystal-clear streams. Look out for lyrebirds and brush turkeys fossicking on the forest floor. For a longer walk try Rocky Crossing walk to Lagoon Pinch picnic area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.