Lagoon Pinch picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
Pack your lunch and head to Lagoon Pinch picnic area, near Williams River in Barrington Tops National Park, which offers picnicking, walking, birdwatching, and scenic views.
- Picnic areas
- Barrington Tops National Park
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- If you’re bushwalking in this park it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map, compass and GPS.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Lagoon Pinch picnic area can become boggy when it rains
Picturesque forest makes a perfect backdrop for a picnic in the southern section of Barrington Tops National Park. Lagoon Pinch picnic area perches on the edge of a vast wilderness of deep gorges and wild rivers and is a popular starting point for several walking tracks.
Here, the weather can change rapidly and you’re as likely to be munching your sandwiches surrounded by mist or drenched in sunshine. Brush turkeys and satin bower birds are a common sight around here. You might also glimpse a red-legged pademelon grazing on forest leaves, or hear the piercing cry of the lyrebird ringing out through the forest.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.