Williams River picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Williams River picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Williams River picnic area is in the Lagoon Pinch to Williams River precinct of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- Take Chichester Dam Road from Dungog for approximately 10km
- Turn left into Salisbury Road
- Continue on for approximately 30km and look for the signs to the picnic area
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
There's parking at Williams River picnic area, including 1 accessible parking space with a concrete path next to it that leads to the picnic area facilities.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
The toilet block is at the end of a concrete path and includes an accessible toilet with a handrail.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
There's step-free access around the picnic area via concrete paths. There's a path to the lookout that has wider sections for passing.
- Step-free outdoor pathways
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- The picnic area is flat and step-free with concrete paths.
- There is an accessible toilet with a handrail.
- The path to the lookout is easily accessible and has wider sections for passing. At the lookout, clear perspex panels make it easy to look out and view the gorge below.
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422