Sawpit Creek picnic area
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Next to the beautiful Sawpit Creek this well-equipped picnic area offers access to three walking tracks and the Kosciuszko Education Centre.
- Picnic areas
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to wear sunscreen and a hat, and remember to bring plenty of drinking water if you plan to walk any of the tracks.
- You might like to take insect repellent to ward off flies during the summer months.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
Sawpit Creek picnic area, next to Sawpit Creek and nestled among beautiful black sallee gums is a great place to stop for a picnic or barbecue lunch. It’s easily accessible from Jindabyne and is close to the park entry gates.
When you’ve polished off your lunch and feel like stretching your legs, take off on one of three walking tracks - the short and easy Waterfall walk or Sawpit walk, or the longer Pallaibo track. Keep your eyes open for kangaroos among the trees.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
An iconic endangered species, the southern corroboree frog, found only in Kosciuszko National Park, faces the grave threat of extinction. Saving Our Species aims to prevent this from happening by battling chytrid fungus, protecting frog habitat from pests, and fostering a captive breeding program.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass