Double Wharf picnic area
Karuah National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Double Wharf picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Double Wharf picnic area is in Karuah National Park. To get there:
- Turn onto Bucketts Way from Pacific Highway
- Continue for approximately 9km then turn right onto Hobarts Road, just past Limeburners Creek.
- Continue until you reach Double Wharf picnic area at the end
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Double Wharf picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Double Wharf picnic area
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Karuah National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Pack your fishing gear and head to the river at this popular fishing spot.
See how the wildflowers bring the bush to life in spring.
Launch your kayak, canoe or boat and explore the reserve by water.
Get cosy around the campfires on those cold winter nights.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C to 28°C
3°C to 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Nelson Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4984 8200
- Level 1, 12B Teramby Road, Nelson Bay NSW 2315