West Kaputar lookout
Mount Kaputar National Park
For scenic mountain views across the wilderness of Mount Kaputar National Park, enjoy West Kaputar lookout on a scenic car tour, near Narrabri.
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Revive your senses with spectacular scenic mountain views across the rugged wilderness of Mount Kaputar National Park from West Kaputar lookout, near Narrabri. It’s a no-fuss stopover on a scenic driving tour and easily accessible for all the family.
From the lookout, feast your eyes upon the grandeur of the imposing basalt face of West Kaputar rock formation. Gaze across the fertile valleys below and the rolling slopes of Upper Bullawa Creek. To the north, you’ll see the distinctive angular peaks of Nandewar and Grattai wilderness areas.
A great lookout any time of year; it’s a welcome escape from the summer heat and in winter the surrounding slopes are often cloaked in mist. If it’s scenic views you’re after, be sure to try Mount Kaputar summit walk and Governor lookout walking track.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.