Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Olsens lookout.
Getting there and parking
Olsens lookout is in the southern precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Alpine Way at the Olsens lookout/Geehi Dam tourist sign
- Follow Olsen’s Road for 9.4 km
- Turn right at Olsens lookout sign
- Olsens lookout is at the end of this road (approximately 600m).
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Olsens lookout.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- Khancoban Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily, 7 days a week. Closed 12.30pm to 1pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6070 8400
- 02 6076 9382
- 2 Scammel Street, Khancoban NSW 2642
- in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Khancoban area is open all year, but access along the Khancoban to Cabramurra Road is closed in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Entry passes available from Khancoban Visitor Centre's 24-hour vending machines.Buy annual pass