Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
Olsens lookout in Kosciuszko National Park offers uninterrupted views of the western fall of Main Range.
- Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, clothes for all weather conditions
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
Head to Olsens lookout in Kosciuszko National Park for a unique, uninterrupted view of the western fall of Main Range. Here, the majestic tall mountain ash forest retreats to give way to jagged rock above the alpine tree line. The lookout is nestled in a tranquil bush setting, complete with picnic tables so you can sit and enjoy a bite surrounded by these spectacular views.
While you’re there, see if you can pick the call of one of the best mimics of all birds, the superb lyrebird. These birds are active during the day, and their tell-tale scratchings often cover the path with bush litter.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
An iconic endangered species, the southern corroboree frog, found only in Kosciuszko National Park, faces the grave threat of extinction. Saving Our Species aims to prevent this from happening by battling chytrid fungus, protecting frog habitat from pests, and fostering a captive breeding program.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Khancoban Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily, 7 days a week. Closed 12.30pm to 1pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6070 8400
- 2 Scammel Street, Khancoban NSW 2642
- in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Khancoban area is open all year, but access along the Khancoban to Cabramurra Road is closed in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Entry passes available from Khancoban Visitor Centre's 24-hour vending machines.Buy annual pass