Myanba Gorge lookout
South East Forest National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Myanba Gorge lookout.
Getting there and parking
Myanba Gorge lookout is in the Coolangubra precinct of South East Forest National Park. To get there:
- Access to Myanba Gorge is via Coolangubra Forest Way and Kanoonah Road (both unsealed) or along Bucky Springs Road south-east from Bombala.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Myanba Gorge picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in South East Forest National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Head to the Bombala River in the early morning or late afternoon to see platypuses - look for circular ripple patterns in the water.
See Nunnocks Swamp and grasslands in its spring bloom glory.
A great time for a walk in the park – try the easy Goodenia Rainforest walk through a lush gully of ferns covered by a dense canopy of tall lilly pilly trees.
After a day exploring, get cosy in front of an open fire at historic Alexanders Hut, Nunnocks Swap.
You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area.
- The first ‘boardwalk’ section of the walking track can accommodate wheelchairs, but the track beyond that is inaccessible.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Bombala office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6458 5900
- 153 Maybe Street, Bombala NSW 2632
- in South East Forest National Park in the South Coast and Snowy Mountains regions
South East Forest National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.