Myanba Gorge lookout
South East Forest National Park
Visit Myanba Gorge lookout for a short walk, picnicking and scenic views in South East Forest National Park. You can find this great waterfall walk near Eden and Bombala.
- South East Forest National Park in South Coast, Snowy Mountains
- Opening times
Myanba Gorge lookout is always open, but access may be limited during snowfall events and pedestrian bridges on the walk may be closed at times of flooding.
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
Set in mighty old-growth forest and comprising three lookouts, a picnic area, a boardwalk and walking track, this part of the park is a must for nature-lovers.
Start with lunch at the well-equipped picnic area before taking the easy and accessible boardwalk stroll. At the first lookout you’re treated to picture-perfect views of fast-flowing Myanba Creek. Here, it surges over the escarpment across a huge granite slab, so visit after rain, if you can, to see a stronger, more spectacular flow.
Follow the creek if you choose to keep on walking – it’s a moderate walk that's well worth the effort. See the numerous torrents burble through the rocks or snake off into rivulets and stunning cascades. Take a quick dip if you like, and look for streaked rock orchids and the gorgeous purple-spotted flowers of the Victorian Christmas Bush.
The third lookout rewards your efforts with views of the remarkable geology of Myanba Gorge and Bega’s pretty Towamba Valley. Return to the picnic area the way you came, listening out for distinctive ‘creaky gate’ calls of gang gang cockatoos.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bombala office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6458 5900
- 153 Maybe Street, Bombala NSW 2632
- in South East Forest National Park in the South Coast and Snowy Mountains regions
South East Forest National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.