Kurnell area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
Cape Solander lookout is located in the Kurnell section of Sydney's Kamay Botany Bay National Park.
- Kurnell area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
If you're driving into the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park please note that gates are open:
- 7am-7.30pm (August to May)
- 7am-5.30pm (June to July)
- Please note
- There are unfenced cliffs at this location. Don't walk close to cliff edges because the overhanging rocks may be very thin. Please stick to the marked walking tracks and supervise children closely.
Check out some other great whale watching locations around Sydney while Cape Solander is closed for an upgrade between late April and early July.
You can also learn more about the improvements being made at Cape Solander in 2021 to improve your whale watching experiences here in future.
Take a virtual tour of Cape Solander captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Cape Baily Lighthouse is a scenic stop along Cape Baily track in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, near Cape Solander.
Kurnell Visitor Centre is a one-stop shop for tourist information in Kamay Botany Bay National Park, near Cronulla in southern Sydney. Visit for maps, history, advice and exhibitions.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kurnell Visitor Centre
- Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9.30am to 4pm. Closed Christmas holiday.
- 02 9668 2010
- 21 Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231
- in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–7.30pm August to May. 7am–5.30pm June to July.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the Kurnell area only. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins. The park also has credit card accepting payment facilities.Buy annual pass