Commemoration Flat picnic area
Kurnell area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
Commemoration Flat picnic area is in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, near Kurnell Visitor Centre. This beautiful grassy spot is perfect for seaside family gatherings.
Kurnell Visitor Centre
Kurnell Visitor Centre is closed while a new visitor centre is being built. You can still contact our staff for maps, history and advice by email or phone.
Take an easy stroll along Burrawang walk in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park. Enjoy several historic sites and bronze sculptures of Aboriginal significance. A large section of this walk is wheelchair-accessible.
Captain Cook's Landing Place
Visit Kamay Botany Bay National Park to see Captain Cook's landing place at Kurnell. The heritage-listed site is an important place in Australia's history.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kurnell Visitor Centre
- CLOSED TO VISITORS. Email and phone contact only. Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9.30am to 4pm. Closed Christmas holiday.
- 02 9668 2010
- 21 Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231
- in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–7.30pm August to May. 7am–5.30pm June to July.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the Kurnell area only. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins. The park also has credit card accepting payment facilities.Buy annual pass
Things to do (51)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cultural heritage (5)
- Educational activities (2)
- Fishing (4)
- Historic heritage (12)
- Other experiences (4)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (15)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Swimming (6)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (29)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)