Tip to Tail trail
Wallingat National Park
Tip to Tail trail shows everything Wallingat National Park has to offer while enjoying a day of mountain biking or horseriding.
- Wallingat National Park in North Coast
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Please read the code of practice for horse riding in parks before you set out.
- There's limited mobile reception in this park.
Go mountain biking or horseriding on Tip to Tail trail and discover Wallingat National Park on an extended ride through the park.
This easy trail takes you on a beautiful journey along the network of public roads and management trails throughout the park. Ride across undulating topography, through a diverse range of forest types and enjoy scenic views along the way as you look over steep gullies and across to distant ridges.
You’ll also pass some of Wallingat’s most-visited attractions. The views from Whoota Whoota lookout are breathtaking so taking a moment to stop here is a must. Look over vast stretches of eucalypt forest in one direction or gaze across the impressive expanse of Wallis Lake and the rugged coastline in the other direction.
Why not pack a picnic and enjoy a moments rest from the lookout or stop further down the trail at Sugar Creek picnic area for a break.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Wallingat National Park in the North Coast region
Wallingat National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Things to do (34)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Beach (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (14)
- Canoeing/paddling (5)
- Cycling (7)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (5)
- Horse riding (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (13)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (9)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (14)