Tip to Tail trail
Wallingat National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Tip to Tail trail.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Tip to Tail trail is in Wallingat National Park. It can be accessed from either direction. To get there:
From the north:
- Take Coomba Park Road from Lakes Way, Pacific Palms.
- Turn left onto Shallow Bay Road and continue down to turn left onto Forest Road
- Park at the locked gate at the intersection of Reedy Creek Trail
From the south:
- Take Sugar Creek Road from Lakes Way, before Pacific Palms
- Alternatively take Coomba Road off from Lakes Way and turn left onto Thomas Road (4WD access only).
Parking is available at either end of the Tip to Tail trail route.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wallingat National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With temperatures slightly cooler, explore the network of gravel roads by foot or on a mountain bike.
With the wildflowers - including the purple blooms of the velvet mint-bush - coming out, this is a great time for birdwatching.
The weather is warm and sunny, so now's the time to pitch a tent and stay for a few days. Make the most of the boat ramp at Cockatoo picnic area Head to Sugar Creek picnic area and, after lunch, take a walk through the cool forest. .
Visitor numbers are down, so take the car along the park's unsealed roads and discover the forest, rivers and lake.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 29°C
7°C and 21°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in the park, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428