Whoota Whoota lookout
Wallingat National Park
From Whoota Whoota lookout, easily accessible by car, you can see for miles. Take in scenic views of Wallingat’s eucalypt forests, Wallis Lake and 100km of coastline.
- Wallingat National Park in North Coast
- What to
- Drinking water
This is not only the best viewpoint in Wallingat National Park, but also one of the greatest in NSW. Drive right up to Whoota Whoota lookout and prepare to be amazed. Peer out one way and you can see the vast stretches of eucalypt forest that make up much of the park. Look in the other direction and you can see the expanse of Wallis Lake as well as the winding, rugged coastline.
If you’re lucky, you might also see the sea eagles that like to soar here. Don’t forget your camera, because this is one view you won’t want to miss. There’s also a picnic table here if you want to dine with the best natural view of the NSW mid-North Coast as your backdrop.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Wallingat National Park in the North Coast region
Wallingat National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Things to do (69)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (8)
- Beach (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (35)
- Canoeing/paddling (11)
- Cycling (8)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (15)
- Historic heritage (15)
- Horse riding (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (22)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (4)
- Sightseeing (18)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (9)
- Swimming (15)
- Walking (28)