Great North walk stage 5: Hidden valleys part 1
Berowra Valley National Park
Take on the Great North walk challenge in 2022! In stage 5, you'll walk 12km and explore the hidden valleys of Berowra Valley National Park.
Sunday 26 June 2022 and Wednesday 29 June 2022, 8.10am to 4pm. Meet at 8am.
- Berowra Valley National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults only (15 years and over). Some bushwalking experience is recommended.
Adult (15 years and over) $25 per person. Concession (Student, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders) $20 per person.
- Meeting point
- West side of Hornsby Station. Meet at 8am.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Here are some highlights:
- There will be a steep downhill route where you'll follow the path through lyrebird country. From here, we’ll emerge at Berowra Creek near Crosslands Reserve.
- Shortly into the walk you'll come across Calna Bridge. Here you'll see spectacular scenery of a wooden pathway passing over a delicate salt marsh.
- We'll continue our journey north along Berowra Creek for most of the day.
- If we're on time, we’ll have lunch at the subterranean 'sandstone settee' just above Sams Creek. From here we'll climb to Naa Badu lookout to see the breathtaking views of track we just traversed. Naa Badu means 'see water' and is distinctive to the Darug People.
- The last part of our journey will be a steep climb to the top of the ridge. This will lead us into beautiful Berowra where you'll get a chance to stop for a coffee near the station.
Bring at least 2 litres of drinking water, lunch and snacks. It's a good idea to wear enclosed shoes and bring a hat, rain gear, sunscreen, insect protection and emergency contact information. We'll be using public transport for one section, so don't forget your Opal card.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Berowra Valley National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- Berowra Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Crosslands Reserve is open 8am to 7.30pm during daylight savings and 9am to 5pm the rest of the year
- Barnetts Road Reserve and the lookout is closed from sunset to sunrise