Kosciuszko Education Centre
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Kosciuszko Education Centre is located at Sawpit Creek, near Jindabyne, and offers education opportunities for all ages to learn about Australian wildlife.
- Education centres
- 7637 Kosciuszko Road, Wilsons Valley, NSW, 2624 - in Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Open for group bookings all year round and open to the public in the summer and autumn school holidays.
- Open 9am-4pm during summer and autumn school holidays.
- Kosciuszko Education Centre is not always open to the general public. Please contact the centre on 02 6451 3700 to confirm opening hours before your visit.
Kosciuszko Education Centre near Sawpit Creek picnic area is a wonderful place to learn all about Australian wildlife and our national parks in a fun, interesting environment. Displays and indoor interactive activities for school groups focus on Aboriginal heritage, natural and historic heritage, and national park management.
Staff use a range of hands-on displays and innovative programs to engage groups ranging in age from primary school through to university students wanting to learn more about the natural, cultural and historic heritage of Kosciuszko National Park.
The centre's 'Kosciarium' is full of fun activities and puzzles that will delight and challenge all school students. There's also a showroom featuring the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan's environment, biodiversity and conservation programs, some of which are run in partnership with Kosciuszko National Park.
The centre was established specifically to meet the needs of school students, but is informative and provides education for all visitors.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
An iconic endangered species, the southern corroboree frog, found only in Kosciuszko National Park, faces the grave threat of extinction. Saving Our Species aims to prevent this from happening by battling chytrid fungus, protecting frog habitat from pests, and fostering a captive breeding program.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass