Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Muzzlewood track.
Getting there and parking
Muzzlewood track is located in the Thredbo area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road.
- After 3km, turn left onto Alpine Way, towards Thredbo Village.
- Continue around 17km then turn right at the Bullocks Flat Skitube turnoff.
- Follow the signs to Carpark D.
- You can also continue another 2km along Alpine Way and turn right at the Thredbo Diggings campground turnoff (park entry fees apply).
- Follow Alpine Way towards Thredbo Village and Jindabyne.
- The Thredbo Diggings campground turnoff is 11.5km beyond the Thredbo. The Skitube turnoff is 13.5km past Thredbo.
- The road to Thredbo Diggings campground from Alpine Way is unsealed. Long vehicle access may be restricted at the campground during peak periods.
- All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin.
- Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Parking is available at Bullocks Flat Carpark D and at Thredbo Diggings campground.
Non-flush toilets are located at Bullocks Hut and Thredbo Diggings campground. Picnic tables and fire rings are available at the campground.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass