The Junction campground
Nymboi-Binderay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Junction campground.
Getting there and parking
The Junction campground is in the northern precinct of Nymboi-Binderay National Park.
To get there from Nymboida Public School:
- Travel south from Nymboida Public School
- Turn left onto Laytons Range Road (Nymboida-Kangaroo River Road)
- Turn right/veer right onto Black Mountain Road
- Turn right onto The Junction Road.The Junction campground is at the end of the road.
To get there from Coffs Harbour:
- Drive along Coramba Road, continue through Coramba
- Turn left onto Eastern Dorrigo Way
- Turn right onto Lowanna Road
- Continue onto Grafton Street, continue to Moleton Road, continue onto Cradle Creek Road
- Turn left onto Black Mountain Road
- Turn right to stay on Black Mountain Road
- Turn left onto The Junction Road. The Junction campground is at the end of the road.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to The Junction campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at The Junction campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nymboi-Binderay National Park. One of the highlights of a visit to the park is a whitewater rafting trip down the Nymboida River. Spring is a great time to head out on a guided tour.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 29°C
5°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.