Applies from Sat 25 Mar 2023, 11.17am to Thu 13 Apr 2023, 11.21pm. Last reviewed: Sat 25 Mar 2023, 11.22am
Closed areas: Thermal pool carpark closed
Due to track works, The thermal pool carpark and walking track will be closed to the public from Tuesday April 11th 2023 until Thursday 13th April 2023. The thermal pool will remain open. Access to and from the thermal pool will be via the Riverwalk track. The closest parking is located at the South Glory carpark.
Affects 1 park and 4 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Mon 27 Mar 2023, 12.14pm to Thu 30 Mar 2023, 12.31pm. Last reviewed: Sat 25 Mar 2023, 10.33am
Closed areas: Jersey and Jillabenan Cave closed
Due to road works, the Jersey Cave and Jillabenan Caves will be closed to the public from Monday 27th March to Thursday 30th March. Tours of the North Glory Cave will be offered as an alternative. To book phone the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre on 6454 9597. The self guided South Glory Cave is open.
Affects 1 park and 14 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Mon 20 Mar 2023, 11.46am to Fri 31 Mar 2023, 11.47am. Last reviewed: Fri 24 Mar 2023, 2.50pm
Closed areas: Thermal pool track closed at Yarrangobilly Caves
The thermal pool track and car park will be closed to the public from 20 March to 31 March 2023. The thermal pool will remain open. Access to and from the thermal pool will be via the Riverwalk track. Closest parking is located at the South Glory car park.
Affects 1 park and 13 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Mon 16 Jan 2023, 9.38am to Thu 6 Apr 2023, 9.40am. Last reviewed: Tue 28 Feb 2023, 5.13pm
Closed areas: Blue Waterholes trail closed
Blue Waterholes trail in Kosciuszko National Park will be closed from Monday 16 January to Thursday 6 April 2023 while road upgrade works are being undertaken. The closure will impact access to:
- Blue Waterholes campground
- Magpie Flat campground
- Coolamine Homestead picnic area
- Cooleman Mountain campground
- Clarke Gorge walking track
- Nichols Gorge walking track
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local Tumut NPWS office on 02 6947 7025.
Affects 1 park and 6 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12.00pm. Last reviewed: Sat 25 Feb 2023, 1.09pm
Closed areas: Closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park
A number of sites in Kosciuszko National Park are closed or may have other restrictions until further notice.
Post-Winter closures due to wet weather trail conditions (closed until further notice)
The following roads are closed:
- Geehi Dam / Olsens Road
- Grassy Flat Trail
Detour due to construction works
- Kings Cross Road and Tumut Ponds Fire Trail - access only via Snow Ridge Road near Cabramurra. No access from Link Road through Selwyn Snow Resort.
Some sections of Kosciuszko National Park which burnt during the 2019/2020 fires remain closed. These areas include:
- Kiandra Court House
- Wolgal Hut
- Pattinson's Hut and Matthew's Cottage
- Cabramurra township
- Selwyn Snow Resort
- Selwyn Snow Resort is being rebuilt following fire damage, and is currently a construction site. For your safety, public access to this area is strictly prohibited and all signage in this area must be followed.
Huts that burnt down in the 2020 fires. The location is open but there is no hut/building:
- Bradley/O'Briens Hut, Brooks Hut, Delaneys Hut, 4 Mile Hut, Happy's Hut, Harveys Hut, Linesman's No.3 Huts, Round Mountain Hut, Vickeries Hut and Dry Dam Ski Shelter.
- Please take care as there may be broken glass/nails that are uncovered since NPWS made records and cleaned up these sites.
- Please do not disturb the sites or remove artefacts.
Tantangara Road and Tantangara Dam access - Snowy 2.0 works:
- Access to the southern end of Tantangara Reservoir via Quarry trail is closed to the public.
- Access to the southern end boat ramp is open but may be subject to short-term closures.
- Current boating and camping access to Tantangara Reservoir will still be available at access points on the northern end of the reservoir, via Port Phillip and Dam trails.
Do not enter closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.
Affects 1 park and 7 locations nearby. Show list
Applies from Tue 28 Feb 2023, 9.52am to Thu 28 Sep 2023, 9.53am. Last reviewed: Sun 12 Mar 2023, 3.46pm
Other planned events: Notice of ongoing 1080 wild dog and fox baiting program
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) will be conducting a baiting program in the north east precinct of Kosciuszko National Park, within the Adaminaby/Yaouk wild dog control area.
The program will be continuous and ongoing between Thursday 1 September 2022 and Tuesday 28 February 2023, and will use meat baits and canid pest ejectors containing 1080 (sodium fluroacetate) poison for the control of wild dogs and foxes.
All baiting locations will be identifiable by signs.
Domestic pets are not permitted in NSW national parks and reserve. Pets and working dogs may be affected, and 1080 is lethal to cats and dogs. Pets and working dogs in the vicinity must be restrained or muzzled and must not enter the baiting location. In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
For further information please call the NPWS Tumut area office on 02 6947 7000.
Affects 3 parks nearby. Show list