Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Ingar campground.
Getting there and parking
Ingar campground is in the Wentworth Falls area of Blue Mountains National Park. There's no vehicle access to this campground at this time. To get there:
- Turn off the Great Western Highway at Wentworth Falls at Tableland Road
- Drive for 1.6km, then turn left onto Elizabeth Drive. The Ingar fire trail starts at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive.
- You'll need to park on Queen Elizabeth Drive and walk or cycle around 9.5km along Ingar trail, taking the left fork near the end of the trail.
The road outside the national park can be rough, so check local conditions before heading out.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Park at the top of Queen Elizabeth Drive. There's limited parking at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive.
- Drinking water is not available at this campground. There is a swimming hole, but if you use water from the dam or a creek, remember to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There is no mobile phone reception at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)