Applies from Mon 29 Mar 2021, 10.14am. Last reviewed: Wed 21 Apr 2021, 5.12pm.
Closed areas: Roads closed for maintenance works
Various roads within Mimosa Rocks National Park will be closed from Monday 19 April to Thursday 17 June 2021 for road maintenance. This includes:
- Aragunnu Road - works started week commencing 19 April
- Picnic Point Road (including part of Wapengo Lake Road from the private property gate) - works due to start late April
The following works due to start end of May:
- Bithry Inlet Road (Penders Road)
- Middle Beach Road (to Middle Beach Campground)
- Gillards Road (to Gillards Campground)
- Nelson Lake Road / Nelson Beach Road
The roadworks will depend on the weather conditions during this time. It's a good idea to call ahead before travelling to Mimosa Rocks National Park to check for any closures or delays. These closures may be extended with an extension posted as soon as possible. These works are necessary to repair the road surface and drainage to ensure the roads provide suitable visitor access. Notification signs and temporary closures will be placed on each road until the works are completed.
For safety reasons, visitor access is prohibited to all closed areas. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the NPWS Narooma area office on 02 4476 0800 or visit the NSW National Parks safety page for park safety guidelines.