Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Creel Lodge.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Creel Lodge is located within Kosciuszko National Park at Waste Point, 13km to Jindabyne and 21km to Perisher Valley. To get there from Jindabyne:
- Drive along Kosciuszko Road, past the park entrance, and take the first right turn, onto Waste Point Road.
- Continue until you reach the ‘to lodge’ sign on your left
- Creel Lodge is 200m along the unsealed road
It's compulsory for all 2WD vehicles to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Visit the Live Traffic website for current conditions.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Undercover parking is available for 2 vehicles with additional, open parking nearby.
- All linen is supplied and there are plenty of blankets located in each room. You'll need to strip the bed of linen before you leave.
- Spacious living room with a smart flatscreen TV, DVD player and bluetooth stereo system. All bedrooms have smart flatscreen TVs.
- Large kitchen with 1 fridge, a large commercial size oven, dishwasher and microwave. Cooking utensils and cutlery are provided.
- Separate dining room with 10-seat table and outdoor eating area.
- Laundry with a washing machine, clothes dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Solar hot water with a gas booster backup.
- Gas central heating. No air-conditioning but fans available.
- There is mobile phone service, however no Wi-Fi is available. There is a landline phone for local calls.
- There is a small general waste and recycling bin. On departure, please dispose of all rubbish at the large bins located at the tennis court.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy, with cutlery and cooking utensils washed and put away, or additional cleaning fees may be charged.
- Flush toilets
There is an outdoor fire pit at the lodge. Please bring your own firewood.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
If you're bringing your boat, use the Creel Bay boat ramp to access the lake. Launching a boat from other locations in the Waste Point precinct is not permitted.
Please only drive along approved, sealed roads to reach the boat ramp and lake. Use of management trails is prohibited.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Access to the lodge is via a ramp to the top floor where all facilities are located. The lodge is wheelchair-accessible, however the shower is not accessible.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
If you're fishing by boat, please enter the water via Creel Bay boat ramp. Launching a boat from other locations in the Waste Point precinct is prohibited.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited without prior consent. You must apply for permission and contact the local office.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass
Snowy Region Visitor Centre
49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600